2014 Canadian Nationals Gala, Stay
and I totally fell for
hahahah best dair related tag i’ve seen ever
Must reblog again for the tags !!!
Never watched this show but my god that boy is a real gentlemen.
TVD Rule n°1 : Mess with Caroline and you’ll get a punch by Stefan
(but Tyler bb i love you so much)
A-Thousand-word ‘s “Thank You For Following” Book Giveaway!
Hi everyone! I’m really excited to invite you to my book giveaway! I want to do something to say thank you to the several thousand of you who have joined me over the past four and a bit years, those who have sent me nice messages, and just generally make tumblr my favourite website.
I see myself as words blog not a book blog, but you’ve probably noticed that nevertheless I am a bit of a book worm. I love sharing my love of books so I’m really excited to invite you to join this! It’s not just a book giveaway though; there is also a choice of books of quotes, and a choice of notepads available, plus I’ve included Keri Smith’s Wreck This Journal if reading isn’t your thing, or if English is your second language as I know is the case with many of you.
- This is open internationally (yay!). To win you will need to share your address with me which I will only use to post the prize. If you are a minor in your country of residence get a guardians permission first please!
- The winner will be able to choose one of each of the following;
- One of the three quote books pictured (‘Keep Calm and Carry On’, or ‘Carpe Diem’, or ‘Sod Calm and Get Angry’). This will be dispatched from Book Depository.
- The winner will also be able to choose one note book set (either a Hobbit LE Moleskine notepad, a ‘White Lies’ pocket notebook by Sloane Stationary, or a set of three Jack Wills notepads as pictured). These will be sent directly by me, with some English sweets! (so your prize will arrive in two parts)
- Plus one of the above books in its British-English paperback format. This will be dispatched from Book Depository.
- This closes on January 31st. It’s too busy to do around Christmas time, and it’s after my next payday.
- You must be following me, since this is to thank followers. I will check.
- You can enter by liking and reblogging this post. You can reblog as frequently as you desire. Each reblog is an entry, but please be conscientious of your followers and don’t spam them which leads me to…
- Entry is not open to giveaway only blogs, I’d like the chance to thank genuine followers and giveaway blogs often spam-reblog which gives an unfair advantage.
- I will use a random number generator and work from the first entry to pick the winner.
- The giveaway ends on January 31st. I will be choosing ONE WINNER at midnight GMT. Entries after this time won’t count. I will give the winner 48 hours to respond before I pick a new winner.
- You’ll need an open ask box at the traditional /ask url, or a clearly visible email on your blog in order for me to contact you. If you have an ask box I will use this to contact you, not your email. If I can’t find either I will chose a new winner.
- The address will only be used to ship the prize to you in two parts. The quotebook and paperback book will come directly from The Book Depository. The chosen notepad and some chocolate/sweets will be shipped directly from me. I can’t be held liable for anything lost in the post but I will get proof of postage. Hopefully that won’t happen. All will be shipped from the UK so depending on your location you may have to wait several weeks.  Please do not send me your addresses unless I contact you for it if you win.
- And my personal promise; I will not spam you with this giveaway. I will always tag it ‘atw giveaway’ so you can block the post from your dash if you wish to.
I guess that’s it. If you have any comments, suggestions or anything inbox me and I’ll try and help! I just want to thank you again for your support over the past few years (or even hours if you’re a newbie), this is my way of giving back a little something. Thank you! – H x
25.5 hours left x
I don’t know if somebody has already brought this up, but did anybody else notice that Stiles wears the exact same shirt in both 3x13 and 3x14, despite a three-day time progression taking place within these episodes?
I know Teen Wolf isn’t great with keeping continuity, but the wardrobe department does a pretty good job at not having the characters repeat outfits. Just off the top of my head, I can’t recall any repeating outfits from past seasons with the exception of Derek’s leather jacket and the lacrosse uniforms. That’s why this caught my attention.
I mean, this shirt isn’t exactly special. It’s a plain white t-shirt with blue rims around the sleeves and collar. Why have Stiles wear it twice?
DAY ONE (3x13): Stiles wears the plain white t-shirt when he helps Scott into an empty classroom to avoid having fellow school mates see Scott wolf out. Note that he also wears tan pants.
DAY TWO (3x13): Stiles wears his “Cougar’s Den” graphic t-shirt and a red plaid flannel. This is when Stiles hallucinations the whole class doing sign language.
DAY THREE (3x13): Stiles wears his “let’s settle this like adults” graphic t-shirt when he sneaks into Mr. Tate’s house.
DAY FOUR (3x14): Stiles wears the same plain white t-shirt that he wore in 3x13. This is when Stiles has a panic attack during class and Scott helps calm him down.
I don’t know if this is of any significance, but it is weird. Out of all the seasons, I don’t think there have been any outfit repetitions. So why is this happening now?
Another thing that struck me as strange was the scene where Lydia steps in the bear trap and Stiles helps her get out of it. If you notice, Stiles is wearing another shirt very similar to the plain white t-shirt, despite minor differences.
DAY FIVE (3x14):
They’re not the same shirt, but the shirt he wears during this scene is grayish-white with a blue collar rim. I can’t help but think that this means something.
Maybe it means that Stiles is dreaming and that some of things we’re seeing are actually hallucinations/dreams. After all, when you’re dreaming, you probably don’t willingly choose what you wear in your dream. This could be why Stiles is wearing the same shirt and similar pieces of clothing.
Note that the hoodie Stiles wears on day five was also the same hoodie he wore to Jungle in season two.
What do you guys think?
So, I watched episode 3x15, and I noticed something very strange. If you haven’t already, read my meta above.
Anyways, episode 3x15 has proved that this whole shirt mystery is intentional. It’s not just Stiles wearing his favorite shirt. It’s not a mishap with the wardrobe department. IT’S INTENTIONAL. Why? Because we see Stiles wearing the plain white t-shirt again during this episode.
Don’t believe me? Here’s proof.
The shirt Stiles wears for the majority of 3x15 is this one: This shirt is light grey, with a pocket that has palm trees on it.
In one scene, Stiles and Lydia head off into the school and into a storage room with a bunch of chemicals. He enters the storage room wearing this shirt:
After Stiles notices blood on the ground, he exits with storage room with Lydia and guess what happens….HE’S SPONTANEOUSLY WEARING THE SAME SHIRT I POINTED OUT IN THE ORIGINAL POST.
It’s the same white t-shirt with blue rims around the sleeves and collars:
Only a few seconds pass, and we see Stiles back into his grey t-shirt with the palm tree pocket:
So, what does this mean? It obviously means something because it’s purposeful. These are no coincidences. Could it be that Stiles is dreaming everything? Could it be that the real Stiles is locked away while something else is controlling his body?
What do you guys think?
I don’t think this is bad continuity guys. It has to mean something. Stiles shirt changes suddenly when he’s in the chemical room - he’s wearing the shirt with the palm trees but as soon as he steps out of a DOOR his shirt changes.
There’s three things going on here:
- The sudden change of shirt
- The sudden change of shirt after exiting a door
- Red strings being played previously with Lydia, not the blue, not the yellow, not the green, the red.
We know Red means love, passion, danger, death.
We know the change of shirts could mean a shift from what’s real and what’s not.
We know that entering and exiting doors means something (i.e. darkness). Remember the dream with Lydia, when she was begging him not to open that door but he did? In this scene, AGAIN, it’s Lydia and Stiles, Stiles exists the door and a sudden change of shirt.
Have you realised that the scene with Stiles and Lydia have been odd. The trap scene, Lydia’s foot was meant to be trapped as soon as she stepped on the trap, but it didn’t. Stiles shirt wasn’t meant to change in the same scene, but yet it did. In both scenes, there was the colour red - in the first she was wearing it, in the second she was playing with string.
Have you realised this happens when they’re both ALONE.
I think the darkness is playing with Stiles. It’s taking his desires, or what it thinks Stiles wants (love and passion) and twisting it so that it seems like reality. What if the darkness not only affected what he reads but also what he sees? What if he’s hallucinations have morphed into reality?
I mean, yeah, it COULD totally be bad continuity, who are we kidding, but I prefer to think this theory :D
Going back to the whole image of red string, I wanted to point out not only the color and what that means, but that red string itself has a meaning. From wikipedia:
The red string of fate, also referred to as the red thread of destiny, red thread of fate, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend and is also used in Japanese legend. **According to this myth, the gods tie a red cord around the ankles of those that are to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. ** According to Chinese legend, the deity in charge of “the red thread” is believed to be Yuè Xià Lǎo (月下老, often abbreviated to “Yuèlǎo” [月老]), the old lunar matchmaker god who is also in charge of marriages.
The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break.
Now, the idea of the string being tied around the finger is the more well known version (and please note again the Asian influence), but I find it interesting that the original idea has nothing to do with romance, but is more about two people meant to help each other. It might even, one might say anchor them to each other. Which is interesting when you consider that Lydia is always the one who seems to be in these scenes with Stiles when his clothes change, and they are always alone. Is she the only one able to reach him while he’s hallucinating?
Either way, I definitely agree that these things are meant to be there, and that all these small details will definitely be looked back upon as foreshadowing later.
when harry met sally + dair